Frequently Asked Questions
- All Team Members who are enrolled in ACBL Medical when Open Enrollment begins will automatically be treated as a Tobacco User. Even if they did not use tobacco in the current year.
- Anyone enrolled in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) in the current year will NOT automatically be enrolled in the FSA benefit for the next year. Per IRS rules, the FSA benefit must be elected each year if desired.
- ACBL Benefits WILL send you repeated reminders via email and text messaging. If you don’t want to receive multiple reminders then it is advisable that you complete the enrollment as early as possible.
- No, you can enroll in 401(k) at any time. But please bear in mind that any changes you make with Principal may take up to two paychecks before the change shows on a pay stub.
- No. Any surcharges potentially applicable to your enrollment (Employee Tobacco, Spouse Tobacco, and Spousal Surcharge) will automatically be applied to your benefits! If you do not want to pay extra in surcharges that do not apply to you, then you MUST complete your enrollment by the deadline. Also, you will lose any FSA elections.
- When we moved to the new benefit system, UltiPro, in 2019 we were unable to accurately bring the previously assigned beneficiaries. Make sure to assign your beneficiaries during this Open Enrollment or anytime. Beneficiaries can be changed throughout the year and not just during the Open Enrollment period.