Skip to content
ACBL’s Daily River Conditions
Updated Monday, July 26, 2021
Today’s Key Issues
- Montgomery Lock and Dam (OR31.7) – Main Chamber will be closed 7/26/21 thru 8/27/21. Boat will have to use Auxiliary Chamber to navigate lock. Expect delays if you have barges moving through this area.
- Olmsted Locks and Dam (OR 965) – Effective 26 July 2021, project personnel will begin raising the wickets to hold pool due to lower water levels. Navigation traffic is moved to the lock chambers.
- Revetment Operation Update at LM 933 – As of Friday 7/23, USACE and Industry were able to establish measures to permit one-way NBD and SBD transit through this area during working hours. Expect up to 6-hrs of delay through conclusion of this work by the end of July. The operation will then move to Barfield at LM 807 with a potential for delays TBD.
- West Canal Closure – Lifting Mechanism failure on the Belle Chasse Bridge has closed the West Canal at WC 3 since 7/21 through 7/25. The air-draft clearance of the bridge is 40′, vessels below this height were able to transit this area. This issue increased traffic along the Port Allen route and may result in 2-4 days of delay to shipments moving between Houston and NOLA.
- David Terry Lock Closure (AK 108) – Repairs are scheduled to fully close David Terry Lock for two weeks just below Little Rock 8/27 – 9/9. Prior to this, the lock will see intermittent closures 8/16 – 8/26. This will effectively close-off access to the Ark from the LM. For our latest commercial guidance, please click here.
- Warrior-Tom Closure for Lock Repairs – Maintenance will close the Warrior-Tom at Bankhead and Oliver Locks 6/24 through 7/23. This is a full 30-day closure which will cut-off access to Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
River Closure & Restricted Movements