Life does not always go according to plan. Depending on what you experience during the year, you may qualify for an opportunity to make specific changes to your benefits. These special events, call Qualifying Life Events, are limited time opportunities for you to make changes. In most cases, you only have 30 days from the date of the event occurring for you to request the changes to your benefits.
How Qualifying Life Events Work
- The event must first occur. This can be as simple as a marriage, birth of a child, or a member of your family losing coverage outside of ACBL.
- You declare the Qualifying Event in the enrollment system via ACBL.UltiPro.com.
- After you submit the desired changes to your benefits, you must provide documentation verifying the event did indeed occur.
- ACBL Benefits will follow up with you via your ACBL Email to advise you as to what documentation is needed.
- You will need to submit the documentation via email. Our email address is ACBLBenefits@BargeACBL.com.
- After the Qualifying Event has been declared and ACBL Benefits receives the supporting documentation, the request is reviewed and approved if everything checks out.
Enroll via UltiPro
All New Hire, Qualifying Event, and Open Enrollments are completed online via UltiPro. Team members can complete the enrollment online at ACBL.UltiPro.com.
This includes designating your beneficiary for Life Insurance!
Frequently Asked Questions
- No, you can only make changes to your benefits mid-year if you experience a Qualifying Event
But this is my Insurance Policy! I should be able to make whatever changes I want whenever I want!
- The insurance available through ACBL Benefits is a Group Policy. Team members may pay their portion of the insurance premiums, but the policy as a whole is a group plan. Because it is a group plan it must be administered by the same set of rules for all team members and their dependents.
- Additionally, many of our benefits are paid for using Pre-Tax money. Under IRS rules and regulations, benefits can only be changed under certain situations mid-year if they impact taxes.
- You need to contact the ACBL Benefits Department asap. While we cannot guarantee we can make the changes you request, we can certainly review the event and discuss with you any alternatives that may be available. But it all starts with YOU contacting us at ACBLBenefits@BargeACBL.com.