Skip to content
- Cheatham Locks and Dam (CR 149) – Starting an 11 day full closure on 5-10-21. Intermittent closures for repair will run through 7-15-21. Next 3 day opening to empty the que is from 6-25-21 to 6-28-21.
- Meldahl Locks and Dam (OR 436) – Main chamber repairs will begin 5-17-21 and run through 6-29-21. Will use the Auxiliary chamber. Expect intermittent full closures TBA. In the last 24 hours there were 14 tows that arrived and we passed 12 tows that averaged 7.25 hours of delay. There are currently 7 tows waiting that have averaged 5.13 hours of delay. Since repairs began, May 17th, we have passed 368 tows that have averaged 10.44 hours of delay.
- LaCrosse Railroad Bridge (UM 699) – has RETURNED to normal operations as of 6-14-21.
- Burlington Railroad Bridge Closure – BNSF is making repairs to their subject bridge and will require a one hour advance notice to transit between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. They plan on moving into position tomorrow and are estimated to be out there for the next 3 to 4 weeks.
- Beardstown Rail Road Draw Bridge – The railroad is requesting to replace rails on the Beardstown Railroad Drawbridge on July 12 and 13, 2021 from 0800 to 1400 daily. During this time frame, the drawbridge will be unable to open for navigation and rail traffic will be suspended as well.
- Mel Price Main Chamber Closure 2022 – Main Chamber closed JAN 2022- Mar 2022 for Liftgate Replacement and Lock Dewatering.
- Lock 2 Closure – UM815 is going to have a planned Closure in July. They will have 4 -12hr closures to install Miter gates.
Lower Miss/Gulf/Canals/Tenn Tom
- Tombigbee Waterway High Water – High Water conditions on the Warrior-Tom and Tenn-Tom are leading to delays due to bridge clearances, high flows, and potential for grounding in areas with shoaling.
- Warrior-Tom Closure for Lock Repairs – The Warrior-Tom will be closed at Bankhead and Oliver Locks for maintenance 6/24 through 7/23. This is a full 30-day closure which will cut-off access to Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
- Gulf and Canals Weather Update – Intermittent seasonal rain/storms will continue to impact operations through the weekend. Improved seas will allow for crossing bays and sounds on the canals to close out the week.
- Algiers Lock Restrictions – Until further notice, tows over 60′ wide restricted to 600′ total length, and tows less than 60′ wide restricted to 700′ total length. Two 30K barges or Four regulation barges are able to lock through in one go, but greater configurations will require trip boat assistance.
- Bayou Chene Closure – Due to entering a critical phase of floodgate construction and diving operations, expect nightly closures (1900 – 0700) and an assist vessel requirement for transiting Bayou Chene (Morgan City bypass). These changes take effect 4/14. May drive delays to transit of the West Canal through the Morgan City area of 6-12 hrs.
- Port Allen Lock Restrictions – Due to a barge allision and damage to the guidewall, restrictions are in place as follows. Westbound tows with more than 1 barge permitted to lock with an assist vessel, while only single-barge tows will lock without assist. Eastbound tows greater than 650′ long will require an assist vessel. Due to these restrictions, expect a potential for delays to lockages.